Top 10 Interior Design Quotes You Never Want to Hear
I really do love quotes: motivational quotes, inspirational quotes, witty quotes, sage quotes –and of course, as an interior designer here in the fair Bucks County, I have a particular fondness for great interior design quotes. So great is my weakness for wonderful interior design quotes that I was going to blog today about some of my favorites, when suddenly a wicked thought struck: Wouldn’t it be fun to do a blog on the Anti-Quote: Things that one hopes to never, ever hear uttered by designer or client alike.
So…here it is: This my Top Ten List of Quotes from both sides of the aisle, things one NEVER wants to hear an interior designer or client say.
Top 5 Quotes You Never Want to Hear a Client Say to Her Designer
- What have you been smoking?
- Bravo. I never knew that ugly came in so many shades, but you have managed to find them all.
- The sofa you ordered won’t fit in the door. You idiot.
- You idiot. (In any context…just a bad quote all around…)
- My 98 year old uncle watches HGTV while he dozes after lunch and he could have done a better job. (Which is really an implied “You idiot.”)
Top 5 Quotes You Never Want to Hear A Designer Say to Her Client
- So, how drunk were you when you came up with this color scheme?
- What is the odd smell coming from the living room?
- Your budget is great. For a Barbie House. Where’s Ken?
- You’re an even bigger pain in the neck to work with than I suspected you would be when you interviewed me and I’m an idiot for taking this job. (Sort of like saying to yourself, “You idiot” – also never good.)
- Wow. What the hell is that? (In reference to anything in your home, particularly a treasured family heirloom)
Ah yes…there are some things one hopes never to hear. Luckily… I never have heard, said or thought any of these…and hopefully you never will either. Happy Designing!